Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Races

In the past week I have run two 5Ks, which isn't too shabby since I think the last one I ran was 3 or 4 Thanksgivings ago :)

Last Saturday (yes, the morning before we left for our week long vacation for Hawaii) I ran the City of Encinitas 5K. It was well organized and I beat my 'out-loud' goal of 30 minutes (I had a goal in my mind, that I didn't want to say out-loud, since I thought it was definitely a long shot - which was 27 minutes). My official time for the race was 28:22. My Garmin did have the course slightly short (3.05 miles), but who knows. I ended up coming in 19th in my division, which wasn't bad for my first race in a LONG time.

I made Ryan be my photographer for this race 

Official times (ending at me of course, not including the hundreds other in my division :) )

This past Sunday (yes, the morning after we got home from our week long vacation for Hawaii - about 4.5 hours after we got back to be exact) we ran the Vista Strawberry Festival 5000 Run. Yep, you read it right - WE - as in I talked Ryan into running it with me :). Okay, it wasn't the best planning on my part (seeing as we got like no sleep and were slightly jet lagged), but we still rocked the race. I beat my previous week's race time. My official time for the race was 28:16. My Garmin did have the course slightly long (3.15 miles), but who knows. I ended up coming in 15th in my division, which wasn't too bad. In my head I was planning on crossing the finish line holding my hubby's hand, but around mile 1.5 or so, when he told me I didn't have to run with him, I left him in my dust :). He still did great (and we even got medals to prove it).

Since Ry ran the race, we only took pictures at the beginning and end of the race. But look at how proud we are of our strawberry bling :)

Official times (ending at me of course, not including the hundreds other in my division :) )
If you'd like to check out more of the running photos, check out the album here. Also, be on the look out for more races! I am thinking about trying to talk Ryan into running a 10K with me on the 4th of July :) - wish me luck!

No comments: