Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Morale Booster

Today was a MORALE BOOSTER at work. Our boss had invited everyone to a Vegas back in November, but my co-worker and I decided to pass (just not our style - we let it be a boys trip). He wanted to do something fun for us in the office, so he bought some Living Social vouchers for THREE HOUR SEGWAY RENTALS!!

I'll have to admit, every time I see people on segways, I think it is pretty nerdy. I mean, think about it, who uses those things?! Out-of-shape security guards at the mall... It reminds me of Wall*E with all of the lazy people just floating around the place.

BUT we had a great time! We did about a 20 minute training/ safety course in the little show room - doing figure 8's, learning how to stop, going up and down some little ramps, etc. It was actually a little trickier than I thought it would be.

We ended up going all around Mission Bay for a good 2.5-3 hours. Most of the time we were off-roading and screwing around. We were real speed demons :) [the speed cap on them was 10 MPH]. I even learned how to drive with no hands (just using your knees) - pretty legit. Our boss even joked that I didn't have to do my work out today because of the EXTREME SEGWAY-ING :).

We didn't take too many pictures, because hey, we were cruisin' around, but I got a few of us to send to our partners.

Jodi showing off going NO HANDS

Matthew flexing because it takes so many muscles to perfect this skill

THUMBS UP

I don't know if I will ever do it again - but it was something fun to try once. Although I thought they were pretty nerdy when I saw other people on them, I didn't feel nerdy at all... Everyone was smiling at us, so of course I was waving and making small chat - but I think they were probably all smiling (and laughing inside at us) because we looked pretty NERD-TASTIC :)

No comments: