Saturday, March 2, 2013

Easy Six

Yesterday after work I decided to go out for an easy six. Now when I say 'easy' I do NOT mean I am twiddling my thumbs or knitting a sweater along the way - all I mean is that I wasn't shooting for a specific time or pushing myself too hard. It was a warm and sunny day - 75* around 2pm when I got out on the roads.


Around mile 1.5 my right shin was pretty tight, so I stopped by the power plant jetty and stretched it - while watching the life guards do practice rescues. I noticed along the way that I was keeping some decent time and actually finished right around 9 minute mile pace (which is what I was shooting for during my Princess Half Marathon before the humidity strangled me). Not too shabby for an easy run only a few days after a half marathon race.



No comments: