Friday, October 4, 2013

Assortment Workout

Today I had a smorgasbord workout...

It started with 2 x 800m at 7:30 minute mile pace.

Notice the forehead FULL of sweat!

Then I ran 4 miles on the beach at 10:20 minute mile pace.

This Garmin shot included the mile at 7:30 pace and the 4 miles at 10:20 pace in the sand.

Then I did 20 flights of stairs.

The stairs...

Then I came home and ran 3 miles with hubby and negative splits (11:04 the first mile, 10:44 the second mile, and 9:32 the third mile).

Not too shabby for miles 6, 7 and 8 of the day!

All with DRY HEAT around 80*s.

The Santa Santas are starting to blow... Fire Season is upon us... 
All-in-all I think it was a very successful day. I switched it up a bit. Although I would have liked to get in a little more speed work, I think I went the proper route for myself and slowed it down (and changed up the terrain) with the warm weather.

No comments: