Friday, October 11, 2013

Dating ABC's

Ryan and I have been married for a little over 5 years now (and together as a couple for over 10 years). Relationships are HARD WORK - but we are willing to give it our ALL because our love runs DEEP. It is important to continually stay on top of things to make sure the 'feelings' of LOVE and FRIENDSHIP are in the forefront of your relationship.


I saw something on a friend's Instagram account the other day that I wanted to start implementing. Now, I have to confess, I didn't read the comment all the way through - so I may be TOTALLY off and may technically just be making this up, but either way - I think it is a great idea!

DATING ABC's

Whether you have been together with your significant other for a few weeks or eons, I think we can all benefit from taking an extra hour or two out of our lives a week to FOCUS on one another - no phone, no internet, no twitter, no TV, just focusing on the other person 100%!

Again, I didn't read the caption closely, so this is MY take on it.

Every weekend, starting this weekend, I want to go on a "date" with my hubby. We are going to work through the ALPHABET to give us ideas as to what to do for our date. For example - maybe the first weekend we go Apple picking, maybe the second weekend we go to the Beach, maybe the third weekend we go to a Carnival or Camping. Get it?! Every week will be a letter of the alphabet, starting with A and ending with Z.

Of course I forgot to run this by Ryan, haha, but I know he will be down for it. Not to mention, I figured if I posted about it that YOU would keep us accountable and make sure that we actually made it happen. [I am also hoping to post a quick recap of what we did for that date the following week.]

Even if it is just for an hour or so, TAKE THE TIME, PUT IN THE WORK, AND LOVE ONE ANOTHER!!

Anyone want to join in on this project [NOT with Ryan and I, but with you and your partner]? 

No comments: