Monday, June 2, 2014

NEED To Run

Do you ever have those days when you just NEED to run? Sure, we all have days where we are going through the motions, checking our workout off our daily tasks (BTW I have a post scheduled for Wednesday of tips and tricks on how to BUST out of that FUNK if you are in one), but do you ever have an URGE that you MUST put on your running shoes and go pound the pavement?

Source

Today was one of those days for me. Even though I was working by 7:35am this morning and by the time I was done it was still 75* out, I knew I HAD TO get out there. Don't get me wrong, I ran yesterday, so it wasn't like it had been days without it, but still I had a tug on my shoe strings (or maybe my heart strings) that could only be cured by heading out the door for a run (or maybe MORE COWBELL... I probably should have tried that first, huh?!).

And although I have some great paths by my house, it felt like it has been FOR-EV-ER since I had run by the beach. So instead of just running from home, I decided to get in the car and drive down to the coast so I could do my run along the water.

I ended up running a 10K, and a pretty consistent one. I didn't look at my watch except when it beeped at my mile marks, so I was surprised when I saw the times stay right around the same pace. Mile 1 - 8:55, Mile 2 - 8:53, Mile 3 - 8:53, Mile 4 - 8:55, Mile 5 - 8:44, Mile 6 - 8:33, and the last .2 miles - 7:30.


I have to tell you, I didn't have any mind-blowing realizations, it wasn't the best run in the world, I didn't break any records, but it was EXACTLY what I needed. I am soooooo glad I didn't talk myself out of it!

Oh yeah, and it's my Grama-Rama's 88th Birthday today! She doesn't have a computer, so she may never see this, but she is pretty bomb dot com, so I didn't want to forget to acknowledge her AWESOMENESS!!

The three generations of ladies - back in the day and this past Thanksgiving.

This was her ENGAGEMENT photo!
WHAT A BEAUTY?!

When was the last time you ran because you WANTED to, not because it was on the calendar or because you felt like you had to?

No comments: