Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Another Sunrise Run

This morning was another sunrise run!! If you missed my last one, it was Monday and I blogged a bit about it here.

Most nights, when I know I have to wake up at a certain time the next morning, my body is worried that I will sleep through my alarm, so I tend to wake up MULTIPLE times throughout the night to confirm I didn't oversleep. I guess my "internal clock" is normally on OVERDRIVE. This is often a drag (especially before races when I should be resting but am tossing and turning because my brain internal alarm won't let me sleep), and last night/ this morning was no exception.

Source

This morning, although my alarm was set for 5:15am, I was out of bed by about 4:45am (because honestly, at that point, why lay in bed for another 30 minutes NOT sleeping when I could be up and productive?!). I got up, did a few things around the house (like checking my email and Instagram) and then decided I would head down to the beach a few minutes earlier than Monday for my run.

Since the sun technically comes up around 5:50am and I was at the beach around 5:30am, it was definitely a "sunrise" run (although the sky was a bit brighter than it was at 4:45am when I got out of bed). Thankfully The Strand has many street lights on it and lots of activity, even at that hour, so I don't feel as though it is unsafe to be running at alone.

I snapped a couple pictures while I was running by the pier this morning. It is lovely to see the lights from the pier reflecting on the ocean beneath it... Sure, you can see it at night, but there is something serene about the early morning.



On Monday I was able to get in 6 miles, which was just about perfect for the time I had. This morning, because I started a bit earlier, I decided to throw in a run around the other side of the Harbor, which got me a little over 7 miles when all was said and done. I was even able to get home, shower, and get ready before having to start work without having to rush too frantically.


Also, today I had to go into the office (if you didn't know, I work from home the majority of the time) and since Ryan and I are sharing a car for a while, I ended up commuting in on my bike. Ain't no thang, just figured it was a little extra exercise.


It seemed as though it was a little hillier (and a whole heck of a lot hotter) than I remembered, but I still made it without an issue (maybe just a little sweatier than my co-workers are used to seeing me). It is a little over 4 miles to the office, which is totally doable. And hey, maybe I will do a pool workout tomorrow since technically I got in a bike workout today (even if it was only a little less than half the distance I normally do).

Are you able to commute to work via bike or public transit? 

No comments: