Monday, July 21, 2014

Monday Funday

Why do we hashtag #SundayFunday instead of making Monday a fun day?! Well, probably because Monday is a reality check... Back to the "real world"... Back to work, back to the grind, back to responsibility... But that doesn't mean we can't make Monday a MARVELOUS day too!

I have seen a "Positivity Challenge" going around on Facebook lately, so I thought I'd try adding a little extra appreciation to my Monday. Let's see how many things I can be thankful and positive about in my day thus far.

Source

This morning I woke up when my alarm went off at 5:15am so I could go run.

1. I "slept" until my alarm, unlike many other mornings where I wake up before it (worrying that I may oversleep).
2. I am blessed to be able to run (healthy, strong, and injury-free).

I made it down to the beach to get my 6 miles in before work.


3. I live close to the beach (within about a mile and a half), which allows for some amazing scenery during workouts (I mean check out the AWESOME sand castle I saw this morning).



4. Although the humidity was at 97% when I started running, it was a little cooler out this morning than it has been the past few weeks, which made the run feel a bit easier.

I was able to finish my 6-miles in 49:18 (I was shooting for under 51 minutes).


5. Because of my recent "rough runs" I was worried my speed was fleeting, but I was able to keep an average pace of 8:13 minute miles. 
6. During my run, I had the opportunity to take some time to pray and praise God for who He is and what He does in my life. 

After showering, I went to work.

7. I have a job (especially in this less-than-stellar economy).
8. I work for a company that allows me to work from home.

Hubby left for work, so Walt The Wiener Dog grabbed Ryan's sandal to bring with him. (He never chews on it, just carries it to near where he is laying to have the smell close by him. I guess him being non-destructive is also something to be grateful for!)



9. We have a healthy and happy puppy (he wasn't so happy or healthy two weekends ago, but thankfully whatever he had worked its way out... even though it seemed to work its way out of him ALL OVER OUR CARPET).
10. Our puppy can make me smile just about any time - I mean, did you watch the video?! He is the cutest, right?!

And now, because I ran before work this morning, I have the afternoon to max and relax (and of course get things done around the house).

11. Even though chores aren't my favorite tasks to do, it means we are blessed enough to have a roof over our heads.
12. We have a computer (so I can blog), internet (so I can post my thoughts to the World Wide Web), and power (so I can charge my electronics that are just about dead from their constant use).

Sometimes we don't realize how many things we are thankful for until we actually sit back and think about it. Obviously there are SOOOOOOOO many more things I am thankful for, I just thought I'd take a quick minute to focus on a few of them.

Source

Will you join me in making it a #MondayFunday?

3 comments:

The Silent Assassin said...

Damn, I was pegging you to be the one to pace me... but ummm, you're kinda kickin ass right now and I can't keep an 8 min/mile pace. Btw, you interested in running on an IG dream team for SoCal Ragnar? I get 6 picks of the 12.

Carlee McDot said...

Um, when's the Ragnar?! I've always wanted to do one!

The Silent Assassin said...

FB'd you...