Thursday, August 14, 2014

6 Years!

Saturday is our 6 year wedding anniversary. I figured since today is #TBT (ThrowBack Thursday) I'd post a couple pictures from that day.



We got married at the Bali Hai Restaurant in Shelter Island. Seeing as most of our friends and family lived in Michigan, it was a destination wedding for them (we figured it would be one of the only times we could be selfish and ask everyone to come see us, rather than going back to them).

Our wedding was very "us". Ryan made a playlist and "DJ'ed" our reception (he actually even recorded announcements for our entrances, first dances, etc - HA). We donated money to a charity instead of giving favors. Our "getaway car" was a tandem bike with Diet Mountain Dew cans tied to the back. Instead of flowers (that wither and die), we had bouquets and boutonnieres made with reclaimed leather and recycled buttons (that we can keep forever). We had cupcakes instead of a cake (before cupcakes were trendy ;)). Although none of our friends or family are vegetarian, we made sure the menu was 100% veggie (even if my brother threatened to go to McDonald's beforehand ;)).

We had an AMAZING day, but what we wanted more than anything was an AMAZING MARRIAGE! Yes, we will have our good times and bad, but we will work on our relationship and love DAILY because we want to be each other's ALWAYS!

Ryan is my best friend, my partner, my everything (behind my main man J.C. that is ;)). We aren't much for celebrating "milestones" - my thought is I would rather know YEAR ROUND that you love me than just on one "special" day (and let me tell you, I don't think Ryan is too bummed he doesn't have to go buy a card or anything) - but you know I've gotta give him a shout out since he is AWESOME-SAUCE!!

I LOVE YOU BABE! 6 years of marriage down, forever to go! 

4 comments:

Lora @ Crazy Running Girl said...

Congrats on six years! We also had a destination wedding and I had a seashell bouquet :)

Unknown said...

Congrats! I love your love with Ryan! Keep smiling!

Heather said...

Happy anniversary! You two are so adorable :)

Carlee McDot said...

Thanks so much Lora, Smitha & Heather!! We are both pretty lucky we found each other ;)