Wednesday, September 10, 2014

World Suicide Prevention Day

Not only is today the anniversary of my birth (which is great, but technically I had no hand in... that was all up to my parents and God), but more importantly it is World Suicide Prevention Day.



One way I thought I could honor today was when anyone wished me a HAPPY BIRTHDAY I would ask them to donate to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. Now I know $30 for my 30th Birthday may have sounded better, but I didn't want folks to feel overly pressured. I decided I would mention $5, since it is like them buying me a birthday cup of coffee (and getting a tax write-off out of it).

I have been overwhelmed with the response. I have already received 20 donations for the day - totaling $335 (and there are still 7 hours left in the day!). I actually had to update my GOAL three times now because we have continued to meet and exceed it - GO YOU!

Thank you so much to everyone who had donated (and may donate in the future). I truly believe we are blessed to bless others and am BEYOND THRILLED that my friends and family are giving to a cause which is near and dear to my heart!


If you are considering making a donation (whether it is a dollar or thirty, every penny counts), please check out my participant page.

Donating online is safe and easy! You literally just need to click the "MAKE A DONATION!" button in the image below, or go to my participant page here and click the "DONATE NOW" option at the top of the page. 


Spread the word, TOGETHER WE CAN HELP PREVENT SUICIDE! 

1 comment:

Danelle said...

Carlee, this is such a wonderful idea and a beautiful way to celebrate your birthday!

Congrats on your amazing fundraising!