Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Liebster Award Q&A

I was nominated by Kelly over at Miles To Go for the Fall 2014 Liebster Award! YIPEE! Time to answer 11 random questions about myself and nominate some more bloggers ;)



1. What is your pre-race ritual?
What seems to work best for me is very little sleep (not because I want to, but because I am so worried that I will sleep through my alarms {yes I set MULTIPLE} that I end up tossing and turning ALL NIGHT LONG). But hey, I wouldn't recommend it to everyone ;)
2. What is your favorite meal?
Chips and salsa - NO DOUBT! Oh, you don't think this is a meal?! I guess you've never seen me consume said food ;)
3. What is your dream car?
'67 Ford Mustang (red, hard top, automatic)
4. What is your favorite band?
Ha, good one! 
5. Where is your dream place to live?
Living there already ;) Sunny Southern California (we pay a HIGH sunshine tax to live here, but it is worth almost every penny). Hard to beat 70s and sunny 95% of the year. (Although if someone could work out how I could "retire" - lay by the pool, blog, run, take pictures, AND GET PAID, that would be the life!)
6. What is your favorite breakfast?
I pass on grass. Breakfast food is not my jam, but wanna know what is?! Pitaya bowls! Oh holy yum! Those and acai bowls - DELISH! 
7. What do you like most: peanut butter or chocolate?
Peanut butter FO SHO! I don't prefer chocolate (what one of my best friends has her kids say when they don't like something... I guess it is more PC). 
8. What’s your go-to pump up song?

Journey - Don't Stop Believing 
9. What is your favorite race?
I will have to default and say the Disneyland Half - it was my very first half marathon in 2012 and I have been back every year since to run it. But honestly, I consider myself blessed to be able to put on my running shoes and move, so there is joy in EVERY SINGLE STEP OF EVERY RACE (and run)!
10. What is your night ritual?
Foam roll, stretch, normally watch some sort of Detroit/ Michigan sports, have hubby "tuck me in" (I am a morning girl, he is a night guy), and try to get a couple puppy snuggles from Walt (for some reason he thinks our bed is a wrestling ring, so whenever I try to give him a hug he starts jumping all over and runs away...).
11. Random fact!
Hmmmmmm.... I feel like I am an open book (or at least I have done a few "random facts about Carlee" posts and have nothing left to share)... Did you know I was a custodian/ janitor for one of my jobs when I was younger? 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now I nominate Smitha with Running SD Mom, Shane from Shoots Kden Aloha (even if he is taking a brief hiatus from the blog world), and Kara of Wonderfully Kara for the Fall Liebster Award! The next step - answer these 11 randomly written questions and nominate a few bloggers to help widen their following. 

Source

1. Top three races on your running bucket list.
2. Pre-race fuel.
3. What will you ask Santa for this Christmas?
4. Recent accomplishment you are proudest of.
5. Running essentials. 
6. Race on your current schedule you are most looking forward to.
7. Who is your biggest inspiration?
8. If you could compete in any Olympic sport, what would it be and why?
9. Turkey or tofurkey or tur-duck-en?
10. Favorite movie.
11. If you had to eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would you pick?

PS Even if you weren't nominated, I'd love to hear your answers to some of the questions above!

2 comments:

Kelly @ Miles To Go said...

Loved reading your answers!

John @ run. geek. run(disney) said...

Fun post to read. Yes Yes Yes to #3. Great choice. And I love #2. Love it and you have so many different choices in salsa. Sometimes I like it hot, sometimes sweet. Different chips. And very tasty.