Thursday, February 5, 2015

Double Race Day

Remember that time I registered for TWO races on the same day?

Sure, I have some crazy friends (and I may be there at some point in the future) who sign up for multiple races on the same day ON PURPOSE, but this was a TOTAL accident!

Last year I volunteered at the San Diego Mermaid Packet Pick-Up. As a way to say THANKS they gave us a free race entry (how awesome?!). I had an overflowing race calendar last year, so instead of doing the race then I saved the entry till this year. A couple months back I redeemed my entry and registered for the San Diego Mermaid Half.

Source

THE ISSUE?! I put it in my phone and race app as February 15th... IT IS ACTUALLY ON FEBRUARY 7TH! [This reminds me of the time my mom sent my dad, brother and I to the circus the wrong week... Like mother like daughter...]

Well, I heard about the Insane Inflatable 5K on the radio a few weeks back and thought it sounded like a blast and my calendar said we were free, so Ryan and I registered. I normally prefer the earliest wave for those type of races because the obstacles normally get pretty long lines later in the day. We registered for the 9am wave (the earliest one) and went on with life....

You can still register and save 10%!

That is... UNTIL TODAY... When I got a reminder email about the San Diego Mermaid Half being SATURDAY... YUP, SAME DAY AS THE OTHER 5K I REGISTERED FOR! I honestly didn't even think it was a possibility (I swore THEY made the mistake, not me...) until I triple checked all my emails.

Thankfully I was able to go on the Insane Inflatable 5K website and adjust our wave time (so instead of the 9am wave, we will be starting at 11:30am). We did have to pay $5.50 each in transfer fees, but that is better than not being able to do it.

So, Saturday will be a BUSY, BUSY morning ;) Now to figure out my race outfits!

Have you ever double booked yourself before? 

1 comment:

SD Mom said...

How fun! I will see you at Mermaid!